Situated in the heart of the Mediterranean, the three main islands Malta, Gozo and Comino are small, beautiful and unique. With a fascinating 7,000 years of history and pre-historic temples older than the Pyramids, the islands are bursting with culture, friendly locals, sunshine and ongoing events.
Events in Malta
With its thriving economy, continuous business development and considered to be a very safe destination, Malta has become an important hub for various trades, professions, services, vocations, research and education in the Mediterranean, making it an optimal choice to hold international meetings.
Malta is easily accessible with a 3-hour flight from all major European airports: 75 airports within Europe, Africa and the Middle East are serviced by 40 different airlines operating direct daily flights to Malta. With transfer times rarely exceeding 15 minutes, the Islands are extremely suited to be discovered in a stay of two to three nights.
The perfect destination for meetings and incentives
It is the perfect destination for meetings and incentives with a large selection of internationally branded four and five-star hotels, as well as boutique hotels. Complimented with magnificent historical monuments which can be used as venues, state-of-the art infrastructure and conference facilities.
10 Facts & Figures:
- Part of the European Union since 2004 / EURO currency since 2008
- 32 000 available beds in 108 hotels on Malta and Gozo ranging between 2 and 5 star
- Most hotels have in-house conference facilities which can seat up to 700 pax. For larger events Malta has major conference centres that can accommodate up to 10,000 delegates.
- Over 300 days of sunshine with a mild Mediterranean climate all year around
- Official Languages: Maltese and English
- Population: 400,000 people
- Malta is up for EU Presidency in 2017
- Valletta is to be European Capital of Culture in 2018
- Malta offers good value with a high level of quality at a fair price
- The local VAT is reimbursable on conferences